Sunday, October 2, 2011

Teacup Baby Shower

I <3 showers!  I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower with a great friend for one of our besties, and I've procrastinated too long in sharing the details.

We got the idea for a teacup theme after we settled on the venue - Serda's Coffeehouse in lovely downtown Mobile, AL.  The DIY invites had a baby peeping out of a teacup.  We continued the theme with the decor.  I love using doilies, because I think they're elegant and they're also inexpensive.  I filled a teacup with some faux flowers and put it on a matching platter.  For a centerpiece, we planted some indoor plants in a teacup pot, and then awarded the plant to a lucky recipient of a painless shower game (the winner's doilie had a picture on the underside). 

Here's a picture of the spread:


It was a co-ed shower, so the food had to be cute, but hearty enough for the guys.  We served crudite with Green Goddess Dip (from Southern Living June 2011), chicken salad croissants (per the mom-to-be's request), fruit, Spinach Salad Wraps (from BHG August 2011), a bacon cheese ring (molded into the shape of a heart).  I always seek out recommendations and suggestions from the honoree, and when she told me she really loves cream cheese these days, we opted for mini-cheesecakes rather than a traditional cake.  Given that space was limited, it also helped not to have to cut up a large cake - people could just grab their own.

The baby's name will be Lillian, so I was able to reuse a decoration that my sister made for our wedding, and I brought a lily pod from home to make it a little more special.


I found many of these ideas by browsing other blogs.  When searching for inspiration, I suggest that you start with Google, because chances are someone may have already created something wonderful that you can borrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment